Case Study featuring Brooke School, Warwickshire - A special school supporting pupils that have additional learning needs. Fagus has been used by Brooke School to support their pupils' social & emotional needs and understand their barriers to learning in this area.
“If a child doesn’t feel valued, safe or confident in a setting, they will never be able to access the academic side of learning”
Highlights of case study
- Brooke School wanted to employ a new system to pinpoint their pupils' social and emotional needs more effectively and engage specific targets to track progress.
- The staff wanted to concentrate on social and emotional aspects of a pupil's well-being rather than on academic parameters.
- The school wanted to take a developmental approach to understanding a pupil's social and emotional functioning and correlate some of their behaviour patterns to their developmental needs.
- Brooke School used the Fagus tool-kit flexibly according to their pupils' individual requirements and situation.
- The Fagus framework was a valuable and unique tool to measure a broad range of social and emotional functioning.
- The Fagus data provides an objective measurement to benchmark a pupil’s progress in social and emotional fields and measure the success of interventions and communicate this to the school community.
"At Brooke School, we are passionate about improving our appreciation of social and emotional functioning in our children and the role that it plays in their ability to engage in learning"
Read the full case study here.